Transaction History for ShapeShift Members
If you’re a crypto enthusiast, chances are that you’re holding several different cryptocurrencies and have at some point made exchanges (you wouldn’t be using ShapeShift if you weren’t).
And since you’re your own bank, it’s important that you’re keeping track of these transactions. Whether it’s for tax purposes or just for trading activity analysis, it can still be cumbersome with spreadsheets or tracking directly on block explorers.
When it comes to tracking and reporting, wouldn’t it be easier if all of these things were in one place?
We’re excited to announce that as a ShapeShift member, you can access your transaction history in your account portal!
That’s right! You can see your transaction status on your own, without having to contact support.
Here’s how you can see your past transactions and monitor their statuses:
Once you’re logged in to your ShapeShift account, click on Transaction History on the left-hand side of your dashboard.
There, you’ll see a list of all of your Transactions since becoming a member.
Click on any individual transaction to view more information.
That’s it! Try it out for yourself here.
Note: this history is only available from the time you signed up for an account.
Transaction History Explained
There’s a lot of useful information included in your Transaction History. Here’s a quick glossary of everything you’ll find:
- Shift ID: Every exchange made with ShapeShift.io produces a unique Shift ID. This ID can be used for your own record keeping and to help streamline your support experience. Moreover, the Shift ID is not recorded on the blockchain ledgers themselves, it’s created and only available through ShapeShift.
- Deposit Address: Your ShapeShift deposit address is the address provided for you to send your coins to in order for the exchange to take place.
- Your Destination Address: This is the wallet address that the final funds will be sent to.
- Transaction ID: The Transaction ID, or TXID, is the alphanumeric string that labels each transaction within the coin’s blockchain.
- Transaction Type: Either Quick or Precise, depending on what you chose when doing your exchange. A Quick exchange has no timer and does not require a specific amount to be sent for a successful exchange. A Precise exchange requires a specific amount to be sent and has a timer. If the timer expires, the exchange will fail.
- Exchange Rate: This is the price of the cryptocurrency set by the exchange, which is derived from a number of market sources.
- Miner Fee: A Miner Fee is a network fee. ShapeShift offers a flat rate miner fee to assure that transactions are successful across the network.
- Transaction Status: This is the state of your transaction. You will either see your transactions’ statuses as completed, pending, returned or failed.If you have questions or need more information about your transaction status, contact our customer support team.